Thursday, August 9, 2012

Home again!

Yesterday, I got to leave the hospital with Athena and go to my south Philly apartment.  I had done well in Pt: I walked down the hallway, up and down a flight of stairs (with a cane) and back to my room. Then, the PT got crutches, and I did the same thing again, only I didn't go as far up the steps.  It was awesome, especially given that I had difficulty walking to the hallway and back in my first PT a few days before.

Lumpy 2 was full of necrotic fat cells, cell debris, and blood clots. Eew! In the hospital I got 2 shots of blood thinners in my belly every day, to help prevent further blood clots. At home, I have to take aspirin twice a day.

I had an appointment at radiation oncology yesterday morning,also. Because that department is in the first floor of the same hospital, I thought someone could just give me a wheelchair to help me go. Apparently, that's not how it worked at all. My Radiationn Oncologist came up to my hospital room.  She and another doctor explained that my initial appointment would be 8/ 23 and that daily radiation would start a week later and last for 6 or 7 weeks.  Dr K said she had consulted with my oncologist and they would like me to get the nodules in my lung biopsied as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment