Monday, September 3, 2012

Back in the hospitali

Sunday was going along well; Jimmy helped me remember to take my pills. I followed visiting nurse's suggestion to take the short acting oxycodone every 4 hours, to avoid the sudden pain. The visiting nurse said that I seemed better than on Saturday.

My parents came over. My brother arrived from Florida. My sisters and niece also came over. We don't get me ready to leave i gets till after the guys come back with chicken and potato salad.

My leg hurt. I couldn't take more drugs for another 2.5 hours. My temperature starts off at 100.1 and is 101.2 after dinner. We called the visiting nurse group who spoke with Dr Lackman. Lackman insisted on me heading to the ER. The ER wasnot too busy and we got pushed through.

Turns out my blood counts are so low I need a transfusion. My sisters and brother have the same blood type but they would need to have already submitted it.

I have a chest X-ray, another painful ultrasound on my left leg, lots of blood analyzed and am admitted to rm. 1544.


Please call jimmy or ken or wait if you have questions.

Needle count : 93 = (88 + 1 lovanox + 1 port access + 1 blood draw from my wrist + 2 blood draws from inner elbow)

No comments:

Post a Comment