Monday, September 17, 2012

Visit with Aunt Karen & Ari

I had a great visit with my Aunt Karen and her daughter Ariane. We chatted for a while and had lunch from Fuel. My visiting nurse had apparently scheduled me for a visit, but no one had been assigned the task of coming today, with the job of giving me a shot of Neupron. When I called about it, the visiting nurse group said that she could get someone to come out a few hours later. Instead Aunt Karen was able to inject me with Neupron.

I had some sleepy moments while they were here, but after they left I have been positively nappish. I have been barely awake for hours.

Today, the buzzer to unlock my front door stopped working. I have asked my landlady to fix it. In the meantime, l have a plan. I gave my upstairs neighbor my keys in a labeled envelop to put into the mail slot on the first floor. Angela, the shopkeeper on the 1st floor, will give them to visitors to get in. Angela does not open her shop till after 12pm. If you have been planning to come earlier, please let me know.

Otherwise, I am doing well. My parents were here yesterday and were impressed with how much further I was able to walk than the previous visit. I feel pretty good. I have been alone and have had to be creative in finding ways to move medications or beverages from the kitchen to the living room.




No comments:

Post a Comment