Friday, September 28, 2012

Post chemo

I had chemo yesterday. That wasn't the plan. I was just going for a check up. Then Dr. Rubin asked if I wanted to have 4 chemo treatments in the hospital in a row with a 3 week break or one a week. After weighing it out, 1 a week seemed better as being in the hospital is awful and means that I won't rest, despite extreme exhaustion .
So we began treatment yesterday. Luckily, my mother and baby sister were visiting me. They helped me so much! When we got back to my apartment, I did not think I could go up the steps, but I managed to do so, with several rests. Ken helped me up the stairs and Athena got my prescriptions.

Last night I felt ok. Today I feel so awful. There are drugs for pain and drugs for nausea, thank god. I wish there was a drug for anti-crappy-chemo-hangover. That'd be awesome. I haven't been out of bed yet and it is nearly 7pm.

My sister picked up my mail and read me some beautiful letters. Eric and Erin sent me some books of short stories. I had Athena read them to me. Bunky has hardly left my side, sometimes to my annoyance.


Oh, and very exciting news: my big sister had a son today, making me Aunty again. Congratulations! To her and her husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment