Thursday, September 20, 2012

More pain

Tuesday was an eventful day, for me. My friend Chris came over in the morning. I forgot he was coming, so it was a nice surprise. He helped me clean the kitty litter and a few other things.

I also had physical therapy for about an hour. He suggested that I do 20 assisted ankle pumps every hour. A few hours later, my Uncle Dino and Aunt Fran came in. They used the key left in the downstairs shop to get in. We had a lovely conversation and, after a couple of hours, they left. Immediately after they left, I heard an unfamiliar melody. When I got in my wheelchair to explore, I saw Aunt Fran's phone charging on kitchen counter. I called my uncle and explained that I had her phone. I contacted friends with spare keys, and none were available. Then, Aunt Fran suggested wrapping it up and throwing it out the window.

I started wrapping it inside of plastic bags. Then I had the brilliant idea to tie a lot of string on the end, in case my throw did not clear the awning and so the phone wouldn't just get smashed in the street. I wheelchair back to my art table and pull at boxes and bags, but cannot find any string, because my brothers rearranged everything. I notice Mardi Gras beads on a lamp and decide to make them a chain. I stand up to grab everything and my aunt walked in the room. I startle and guide myself to land on the sofabed. Apparently, she reached into the mail slot and took out the keys giving access to my door. She retrieved her phone, refreshed my water, and headed out.

Ken came over later and I could lean back because my leg throbbed so much. I don't know if it was the pt exercise or stumble when became startled, but my leg has been in more pain since.

On Wednesday, my visiting nurse suggested that 1) I stop the exercises, and 2) make instructions for visitors. Today, Thursday, I see my pt again.


No comments:

Post a Comment