Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 2 of sarcoma chemo

My leg hurts more during chemo, but less afterward. Today when I woke up, I noticed it wasn't burning hot, but felt like my healthy leg, temperature wise.

I slept decently last night, except for being woken to have my vitals checked at 4;30 am and having trouble returning to sleep. I switched to pajamas which are more comfy and less tangly than hospital gown. I slept for hours this afternoon during chemo. I am so exhausted that I imagine I will sleep fine tonight.

I don't have much to add. I am always tired. I am terrible on the phone. I have difficulty focusing and sometimes fall asleep during the conversation. Please text or email me instead. Or, if you need updates, ask my brothers or Ken or Marcy. I don't know what the cumulative effect of 4 days of chemo is, but day 2 felt extremely exhausting. I also seem to have "micro dreams" when I blink while talking to staff. I have limited who can come see me in the hospital in this wacky state. There will be plenty of time to visit when I get home.

I am excited to get better.

1 comment:

  1. Jim and I are pulling for you!!! Good memories of the last time you were in PDX. Looking forward to seeing you here again!!

    Love, Anne & Jim

    ReplyDelete