Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Too many needles

I have been having trouble sleeping at night in the hospital. Tonight, I asked for ambien to help me sleep. About an hour or so later, I was woken up to have my vitals measured. Turns out, I had a fever of 102. The aide told my nurse who contacted one of the residents on my case. She ordered the same tests from the day before: 2 sets of bottles filled with blood from 2 different sites (to prevent false positives) and another urine analysis.

I became upset as my nurse starts looking for my veins. She finds one and quickly fills the bottles. One set done, one more to go. The next vein is harder for her to find but eventually I feel the pinch of the needle. Then I feel the needle squirm and wiggle. I am having a hard time with these sensations and the nurse pulls out the needle. She finds a third spot on my arm and I feel the pinch of the needle. Then I feel the pressure from the nurse pushing the needle into the being. Blood isn't coming out. She calls another nurse who also has trouble getting blood. They pull out that needle. I ask for a break before continuing. The nurse tells me that they will have to do the testing with just one set of bottles. Yay! I am frustrated and upset, but at least I am not being stuck with more needles.

Needle count: 101!

This is depressing. I miss feeling better, being healthy.



2 comments:

  1. Aw, Jen- that doesn't sound fun at all. I sure am sending you 'the powah', and lots-o- love. XO

    ReplyDelete